I have different ways I like to detox depending on what is going on with my body. I will admit, I overindulge from time to time. Certain detoxes I like to do after a weekend of parties, friends, and drinks. A nice liver cleanse on Monday is truly needed sometimes! Point being, there are lots of ways to detox. I have gathered my favorite detoxes to share with you. Choose the one that sounds right for you and start cleansing all those nasty toxins out of your body!
- Lemon & Cayenne water This one is super easy and my personal favorite. Try it first thing in the morning. Brew a cup of hot water (I use my keurig). Squeeze half of a lemon, tablespoon of local honey and a dash of cayenne pepper. Let cool a bit, but still drink while it is warm.
- Apple Cider Vinegar I suggest doing 1-3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Pour vinegar in a glass and dilute with water. Dilution depends on how much of the taste of ACV you can handle. Follow this by drinking 8 ounces of water. If the taste is too much for you, then dilute the ACV in 8 ounces of water and drink all of it. If it’s STILL too much, add a tsp. to a tbsp. of honey to your diluted mixture. ACV not only detoxifies your body, but it also helps with digestion and weight loss. Bonus tip: This is an amazing indigestion cure!
- Yoga I found mixed reviews on yoga cleanses. My conclusion after researching is, whether yoga actually speeds up detoxification or not is debated. However, any exercise or physical activity supports the detoxification process. Detox yoga promotes detoxification like any other exercise will. However, there is no scientific evidence to prove it works to detoxify you better than any other physical activities. Although, no one is saying that yoga is bad for you so, namaste everyone! Go get your yoga on!
Here are a few yoga poses to promote detoxification: Wide Legged Forward Bend, Revolved Chair Pose, Three-Legged Downward-Facing Dog Pose, Revolved Triangle Pose, Bound Headstand and Spine Twist. If you want a detailed list of how to perform these poses, visit the DoYouYoga website.
- Chia & Green Tea: Brew one cup of green tea, before adding honey and lemon, go ahead and add 2-3 tbsp. of chia seeds. Works better if you grind the seeds in your blender first. Let mixture sit for a few minutes. I like to add honey and lemon to it the way I would normally with my green tea. You can drink the whole drink or before adding lemon/honey to it, pour half of the mixture into a bowl for a great face mask. Fix the first half how you like to drink it and then do so. Take the second half and use it as an energizing face mask! Chia seeds and green tea are both great for your skin. The only downfall is it is a little messy, so I suggest doing it in the tub. Your skin and tummy will thank you though!
- Green Tea Green tea is naturally detoxifying , because it is full of antioxidants. Plus, it improves brain function & helps prevent certain cancers. Two to three cups a day are generally recommended. At night you can swap to a more calming tea like chamomile, which will help you sleep and still hydrating. Green tea is something you should drink on a daily basis for basic cleansing.
- Probiotics My favorite probiotic cleanse I found through Dr. Oz called the Jumpstart Cleanse. It is a mixture of prebiotic shakes, followed by probiotics. The three day cleanse is laid out for you in detail here: Three Day Jumpstart Cleanse. This cleanse is meant to heal your gut from anything causing you discomfort. The best test is to look at your facial skin up close in the mirror. Is it dry or red with inflammation? When you pull on your skin, does it bounce back? These are all signs you should look for to find out if your gut is irregular. Our skin tells us a lot about what’s going on inside of our body, especially our gut so pay attention to what your skin is telling you.
- Detox Baths: Who doesn’t love a hot, steamy bath? Well you can up your bath game by making it a detoxifying bath! When I draw a hot bath, I add baking soda, apple cider vinegar (yep, this stuff can go anywhere), epsom salt, sea salt and my favorite essential oils. Try an energizing one like grapefruit, lemon, or orange oils in the morning or calming lavender & chamomile oils at night. I also like to add a few drops of tea tree oil for its antibacterial benefits. Find Wellness Mama’s top three detox baths here: Detox Recipes from Wellness Mama
- Water, water, & more water! Finally, the end all be all of cleanses and that is simply drinking water! You have heard it your whole life and if you’re anything like me, then you fall short of drinking enough water. Try adding lemon to your water for extra detoxifying benefits! Want even more H2O benefits? Try some of these delicious detox recipes from Detox Water Recipes from diyncrafts. My favorite is the apple cinnamon detox water. I have tried this one and it is yummy and refreshing. Water is essential for regulating nutrients and body temperature, flushing out waste and bacteria; plus it makes your skin glow! Check out Water Benefits from Breaking Muscle.com What more reason do you need? Just drink MORE WATER!
That sums it up for my favorite detoxes. I hope you try them and enjoy them.Comment if you do and share your own favorite detoxes with me! I would love to hear what detoxes you guys like to use when you are feeling out of whack. Just remember if you are on medication or have health issues you need to consult with your physician before trying any cleanses or detoxes. I look forward to hearing what you guys think!
“A Healthy Outside, starts from the inside.” Henry Urich
 Wellness Mama: https://wellnessmama.com/8331/detox-bath-recipes/
 Breaking Muscle: https://breakingmuscle.com/learn/10-life-changing-reasons-to-drink-more-water